Researched Critical Analysis Segment

• RCA Paper

Following the Exploratory Essay, we were asked to pick a side negative or positive, and then debate on it by using certain point of inquiries, that led up to one main point of inquiry or thesis statement. At first I was confused due to the information, and grading rubric. Later I couldn’t establish a thesis that I could support with evidence.

This essay was easier than others because it was a follow up essay. Even though it wasn’t easy to write, tackling it towards the end of the semester wasn’t a big deal. Again, the assignments prior to the submission of the first draft really helped in developing the final copy. I believe that the STC worksheet really helped in the final steps of developing the first draft. After doing much needed research I started writing it. A problem that I faced was finding good scholarly resources, which my professor helped me find later on. After some revisions I submitted my final draft. I then had it peer reviewed, which honestly really helped, in formulating a new thesis and having a better use of in-text citations. After reading the professor’s comments, I realized what I was doing wrong and decided to outline this paper again and change certain things and I also added another scholarly article that satisfied the minimum required resources. I am once again proud of the assignment, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

• Documents:
  1. RCA First Draft with Professor’s comments
  2. RCA Final Submission with Reflection
  3. RCA – Professor’s comments on final submission
  • Learning Goals:
  1. Learning Goal #1: Explore and analyze, in writing and reading, a variety of genres and rhetorical situations.
  2. Learning Goal #2: Develop strategies for reading, drafting, collaborating, revising, and editing.
  3.  Learning Goal #3: Recognize and practice key rhetorical terms and strategies when engaged in writing situations.
  4. Learning Goal #4: Engage in the collaborative and social aspects of writing processes.
  5. Learning Goal #6: Locate/evaluate research sources in the library’s databases or archives
  6. Learning Goal #7: Integrating your stance with appropriate sources using strategies such as summary,analysis, synthesis, and argumentation.
  7. Learning Goal #8: Practice systematic application of citation conventions.